Aikido is a modern day martial art, which teaches cutting edge practices for managing the pressures and challenges of everyday life.
Aikido is often referred to as the “Art of Peace.” The founder, Morihei Ueshiba, known by his students as O’Sensei, declared that we must stop fighting. In order to bring about Peace in the world, we must first eliminate the discord within ourselves. This mission can be accomplished through the unification of mind, body and spirit. Through regular practice and the ongoing development of the Self, one can experience the joys of living a harmonious life fully present in the here and now.
Aikido, at its heart, asks us to show up and be fully present.
- It asks us to feel ourselves fully and to experience our own wholeness.
- It asks to relax enough so that we can read clearly and respond fluidly to all that life has to offer.
- It asks us to center and align to the Universal Energies that are here to support us.
- It asks us to know and heal ourselves and thereby help to heal the world through love.
- Dojo will be Closed December 1 – 7. Classes Resume December 8
- Monday Basics Class 6 – 7:15 has been added 11/19 – 12/17
- Dojo Holiday Closure 12/23 – 1/1/2019. Classes Resume 1/2/2019
- 29th Annual Seminar with Mary Heiny Sensei, February 1 – 3 2019. Theme TBA. Pre-Registration Required.
- Kuma Kai Aikido has donated $600 to the Redwood Credit Union North Bay Fire Relief fund.
- Aiki Principles Class Saturday Mornings 9 – 10
- Please email Sensei prior to coming to first class.